Inspecting Your E&O Insurance

Home Inspectors: Inspecting Your E&O Insurance

by David Brauner, Senior Broker, OREP

Here’s a riddle that more and more inspectors are solving easily: how do you obtain errors and omissions insurance (E&O) and General Liability Insurance from an “A” Rated, Admitted carrier including an Additional Insured Endorsement for Agents and other Referring Parties, Termite and Radon coverage, coverage for commercial inspections and pool- for $1,250?

The answer is you call or visit OREP. OREP is the E&O provider of choice for more and more inspectors nationwide. If you are paying extra for “add on” coverages or going without full coverage to save money, you don’t have to any longer. Broad coverage* is included in minimum premium: Errors and Omissions Insurance, General Liability, Radon, Termite/WDI/WDO, Prior Acts, Lead Paint, Pool & Spa, EIFS/Stucco, Indoor Air Quality Testing, Green Building Inspections, Infrared Thermography, Rodent inspection, Commercial, FHA, HUD and VA Inspections (Including 203K), Agent Referral, Additional Insured (franchises), Mortgage Field, Energy Rating  and many other services (minimum premium: $1,250). Mold Coverage and Septic/Water Testing available for additional premium. *Coverage varies FL, HI, LA, NY, VT. Please ask your OREP agent. Call OREP for an alternate program in these states (888-347-5273).

If you live in a “higher-priced” state like CA, NJ, PA, FL or TX, OREP does not limit coverage or raise rates on you. Same rates apply in all states (except HI, LA, and NY).

About the Author
David Brauner, Senior Broker at OREP, has been providing E&O for home inspectors for over 20 years and is Editor of Working RE Magazine ( (Calif. Insurance #0C89873)


Tags: , , , , ,