Free Webinar for ALL Appraisers!
Avoiding Discrimination Claims and Protecting your Business
Presented By: Craig Capilla
Date: Available Now
Leading trial attorney Craig Capilla has handled nearly 1,000 appraiser cases in his career and has been on the frontlines defending appraisers from lawsuits, state board complaints, and now—HUD Fair Housing (Discrimination) complaints.
Capilla began his legal career working for Illinois’ professional regulation agency as a real estate prosecutor and since then has become one of the nation’s foremost experts in appraiser liability and defense!
Come learn the latest from one of the nation’s leading appraiser attorneys on what is happening across the appraisal industry, what you should watch out for, and how to protect yourself and your business in today’s litigious environment.
In this webinar, you will learn:
• The ins and outs of bias and discrimination claims/complaints
• Subtle items and language that are causing problems in your reports.
• What claims look like, how to protect yourself against them, and what liability concerns are
• What to say / not to say (and why!)
• Specific phrases and buzzwords to avoid
• How to create and maintain sufficient support in your Reports/Workfiles
• How to look out for pre-populated and boilerplate language just as much as the words actively chosen by the appraiser.
In today’s environment, it’s more important than ever for appraisers to be aware of the factors surrounding this issue and take proactive steps to protect themselves.
Don’t miss this value-packed FREE webinar!
Sponsored by OREP: A leading provider of Appraiser E&O. Over Real Estate Appraisers nationwide trust OREP with their E&O insurance. Find out what you’re missing–Apply in 4 minutes online today!