Back to list of States
North Carolina Home Inspector Insurance Requirements
North Carolina Errors & Omissions Insurance Requirements:
North Carolina Home Inspectors are required to obtain one of the following:
1. Minimum net assets in an amount determined by the Board, which amount may not be less than five thousand dollars ($5,000) nor more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
2. A bond in an amount determined by the Board, which amount may not be less than five thousand dollars ($5,000) nor more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
3. Errors and omissions insurance in the amount of two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000), which insurance may be individual coverage or coverage under an employer policy, with coverage parameters established by the Board.
North Carolina General Liability Insurance Requirements:
North Carolina Home Inspectors are required to obtain a minimum of $250,000 of General Liability Insurance either through an individual policy or employer policy.
Useful Links for North Carolina Home Inspectors:
For more info on North Carolina Home Inspector Standards, contact the Home Inspector Licensure Board
–E&O Insurance: Prices Drop Time to Shop
–Don’t Inspect for Pests – Sued Anyway?
–Claim Rebuttal Letter
Check out the latest edition Working RE Home Inspector Edition
OREP Offers E&O and General Liability Coverage in One Low Premium
Coverage, Price and Service – Why Settle for Less?
- Serving Home Inspectors for 15 years
- Broad Coverage E&O Insurance
- Includes General Liability and most Incidental Coverages in Minimum Premium (ask us)
- Low Rates, Expert Service
- Admitted Carrier
- Fast Application – Select Your Coverage and Get Quoted in Minutes
- Includes OREP Member Benefits
“Thank you Maria, I sure do appreciate everyone at OREP. Worry free service year after year! I never feel like I have to shop around.” – Alan, HousePro Home Inspections