Getting People to an Open House
Holding an “Open House” is a long-standing tradition for real estate agents and brokers. Real estate agents have different opinions on the issue, with some saying that they are a waste of time and a security risk, while others insist that not only are they a great way to showcase a house and find potential buyers, but they can also be a tool to find additional clients, network with other real estate professionals, and provide positive publicity for the agent hosting the open house.
Those real estate agents and brokers who host
open houses are confronted with a challenge: how to get people to show up.
2. Advertise in your local paper. Many local newspapers have an open house section where you can include the address of the home, a picture, and a short description.
3. Reach out to local agents/Realtors with listings and inform them of your open house—they may know buyers who might be interested.
4. Go door-to-door in the immediate surrounding neighborhoods and invite neighbors to attend. Be sure to encourage them to invite their friends.
5. Create “door hanger” invitations that can be placed on the front doors of the houses in the area.
6. Consider a direct mail campaign. A modest direct mail campaign of
200-300 mailings in a targeted area can be very effective. One
way to increase results is to target non-owner occupied homes in the area.
One way to increase results is to target non-owner occupied homes in the area.
7. Utilize Social Media! Be sure to share news of your open house on your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media accounts. You can post it to your personal Facebook page, as well as your company's page. If you have a friend who you think might be interested, post it to his or her page as well for added visibility.
8. Be sure to advertise the open house on your local MLS system if possible, and consider posting your open house to other real estate websites such as ListingBook.com, Realtor.com, Craigslist and others that will give you additional visibility.
9. If possible, be sure to advertise that
there will be finger-foods available!
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...
ATTENTION: You are receiving WRE Online News because you opted in at WorkingRE.com or purchased E&O insurance from OREP. WRE Online News Edition provides news-oriented content twice a month. The content for WRE Special Offer Editions is provided by paid sponsors. If you no longer wish to receive these emails from Working RE, please use the link found at the bottom of this newsletter to be removed from our mailing list.